Some simple acronyms to memorize and log into your memory to start you off on the right path! Eat Less CRAP
- Carbonated Drinks Soda is a carbonated, caffeinated, sugared, and artificially sweetened drink that has a negative impact on our body.
- Refined Sugars Sugar is the “Cocaine” of the food world… and most of us are highly addicted. Too much sugar can lead to diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s etc. Steer Clear!
- Artificial Sweeteners and colours Artificial sweeteners are chemical compounds which cause health problems including diabetes, cancer and even weight gain. Anything artificial should really never be consumed. Stick with small amounts of natural sweeteners like raw honey and dates.
- Processed and fast food Avoid as much as possible Eat More FOOD
- Fruits and Vegetables Eat lots and lots of veggies and some fruits to get the best that nature has to offer in terms of many of our nutritional needs!
- Organic lean proteins LEAN would be chicken, Fish
- Omega 3 Fatty acids These are the good fats that your body can utilize for energy, growth and repair. E.g. fish oil, almonds, walnuts, flaxseed, and olive oil. These oils support healthy brain function.
- Drink water Plenty of it!