Protein week is here!
Talk about protein and we often divert our attention to non-vegetarian ingredients, but there are various plant-based sources of protein that you could include in your daily diet to make mealtime and snacking a more interesting, as well as nutritious affair. Start by asking yourself time and again where’s the protein when you eat your meals.
Sources of protein –
- Legumes and pulses are a great source of proteins. Interesting ways to include them is – stuffed dal parathas, soup, dal patty, dal dhokli, hummus, sprouts, boiled beans, chat, stir-fries, khandvi, dhokla, chillas etc
- Nuts and seeds is another good option. You can have it whole and/or powdered and added to shakes, smoothies, curries, cereals, salads
- Soybean can provide the good amount of proteins. Have it as veg,soya chilli, soymilk etc
- Dairy products are a must-have. Add variety to your meals with milk, curd, buttermilk, greek yoghurt, kadhi, cheese(in limited amounts), paneer, khoa etc.
- Eggs, poultry, fish Be lean, eat your protein!!!