Therapeutic (Diseases and Diet)
A therapeutic approach to treat medical conditions and their associated symptoms using specifically tailor-made diet devised and monitored by a Registered Dietician.
Medical Nutrition Therapy includes:
- Performing a comprehensive nutrition assessment (weight, height, BMI ( Body Mass Index), review of laboratory reports) determining the nutrition diagnosis.
- Planning and implementing a nutrition intervention using evidence-based nutrition
- Monitoring and evaluating individuals progress over subsequent visits with the RD.
RD provides MNT and other nutrition services for a variety of diseases and conditions
- Disease Prevention: General Wellness
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Disorders: Celiac Disease, Cirrhosis, Inflammatory bowel disease, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence/bloating
- Oncology (Cancer)
- Pediatrics: Infant/Child Feeding, Inborn Errors Of Metabolism
- Pulmonary Diseases: COPD, Tuberculosis (TB)
- Renal Disease: Insufficiency, Chronic Failure, Transplantation
- Women’s Health: Osteoporosis, Anaemia, Arthritis
- Gestational diabetes
- Immunocompromise: HIV/AIDS
- Nutritional Support: Oral, Enteral nutrition
- Burns patients
- Endocrine disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Metabolic syndrome
- Stroke (Paralysis)