Wholesome Multigrain Mix Veg Paratha – a perfect combination of taste and nutrition.
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
– Whole wheat flour – ¾ Cup
– Gram Flour – 2 tbsp
– Instant Oats Flour – 2 tbsp
– Black Millet Flour – 2 tbsp
– Ghee – 1 tbsp melted ghee
– Cabbage – 1/4 cup
– Cottage Cheese – 1/2 cup
– Bottle Gourd – 1/4 cup
– Carrots – ¼ cup
– Onions – 1 chopped
– Sesame Seeds – 2 tbsp
– Coriander – handful
– Green Chillies – 5-6
– Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
– Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
– Aamchur Powder – 1 tbsp
– Pepper powder – ½ tbsp
- In a deep bottomed bowl, add all the flours one at a time. Whisk them together until homogenous.
- Next, add your dry masalas. Begin with your Sesame seeds, Cumin seeds, Red Chilli Powder, Aamchur Powder, Pepper and finally some salt. Your sesame seeds can be toasted or untoasted, they add a delicate nutty flavour to your paratha. The Aamchur powder will help add that extra zing.
- Next, add your grated cabbage, grated carrots, grated bottle gourd, chopped green chillies, chopped onions, coriander and some cottage cheese. Crumble your cottage cheese into small pieces as we don’t want big chunks in the paratha. (You can add vegetables of your choice. Be creative)
- Using your hands, mix it all properly. Then cover it with saran wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes. We do this so that the moisture from the vegetables releases into the flour.
- Next, add some ghee and then add water a little at a time to the flour and begin kneading your dough. Make sure that you do not add too much as your vegetables already have some moisture in them.
- When your dough is ready, let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Then roll your dough into lime sized balls, flatten them and then sprinkle them with some whole wheat flour. Then using a rolling pin, roll them out as thick as you want.
- Heat some ghee in a pan. When hot, add your paratha to the pan. Lightly brush some ghee on the other side of the paratha. When your paratha begins to change colour, flip it over and continue cooking the other side. Your paratha should have light brown spots.
- Serve hot with raita/ green chutney/curd.