Exercise is defined as any movement that makes your muscles work and requires your body to burn calories.
There are many types of physical activity, including swimming, running, jogging, walking and dancing, to name a few.
Being active has been shown to have many health benefits, both physically and mentally. It may even help you live longer.
Here are the top 10 ways regular exercise benefits your body and brain.
- Exercising regularly can improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Exercise is crucial to supporting a fast metabolism and burning more calories per day. It also helps you maintain your muscle mass and weight loss.
- Physical activity helps you build muscles and strong bones. It may also help prevent osteoporosis.
- Engaging in regular physical activity can increase your energy levels. This is true even in people with persistent fatigue.
- Daily physical activity is essential to maintaining a healthy weight and reducing the risk of chronic disease.
- Moderate exercise can provide antioxidant protection and promote blood flow, which can protect your skin and delay signs of ageing.
- Regular exercise improves blood flow to the brain and helps brain health and memory. Among older adults, it can help protect mental function.
- Regular physical activity, regardless of whether it is aerobic or a combination of aerobic and resistance training can help you sleep better and feel more energized during the day.
- Exercise has favourable effects on the pain that’s associated with various conditions. It can also increase pain tolerance.
- Exercise can help improve sexual desire, function and performance in men and women. Even for women suffering from PCOD, physical activity is a boon.
Exercise offers incredible benefits that can improve nearly every aspect of your health from the inside out.
Whether you practice a specific sport or follow the guideline of 150 minutes of activity per week, you will inevitably improve your health in many ways.
So keep moving!!!